Monday, February 27, 2017

Kosovo: Presentation at the American Corner in Pristina

I truly enjoyed my time at the American Corner in Pristina. My lecture was about the Supreme Court of the United States. Lots of interesting and far-ranging questions.






loved these special glass doors - adorned with symbols of Kosovar and US freedom/liberty




the American Corner is at the National Library




We got to the corner a little early so we could play games and read books


we can't wait to send this picture to my daughter's Language Arts teacher in Madeira Beach -- I chaperoned a Field Trip earlier this academic year (back when we were in Florida) during which we saw a performance of "The Raven" at the Mahaffey Theater in St Pete...we had fun with this Mad Libs...I think we Americans were causing (too much?) commotion in the American Corner as we were giggling with how the poem turned out with the random nouns/adjectives/adverbs/and verbs that we inserted

making new friends at the American Corner



I had brought some pictures that I had saved from my time in the White House - and donated to the American Corner



many thanks to Gresa for organizing this program!



enjoyed having dinner with our new friends from the American Corner

this mural was painted by volunteers at the ACPristina
For more information about events and activities at the American Corner Pristina, see the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/acpristina/

No comments:

Post a Comment