Wednesday, February 22, 2017

SEEU Skopje Constitutional Law Week 2 -- Double the Fun!

I had been told that during the first week of classes not so many students show up. The the first lecture is primarily for review of syllabus. And that I should be expecting more students the second week.

Well, that prediction came true - and we had more than double the number of students in US Constitutional Law this week than we did last week.

This, of course, demanded a new class "selfie." And when one of the students mentioned "snapchat" - I asked to have a look at the Skopje filters. Here they are!

this one has the Arch and the Old Stone Bridge and Alexander the Great


this one is right where the campus is located - with the Old Stone Bridge, the hamam, and the Kale Fortress

 😍Right Back at you!
 


getting ready for class

on our break....I finally broke down and brought my coffee mug from home

this is the view from my classroom window! The Kale Fortress

this is also from my classroom window - in this direction you can see an Orthodox church, the Old Stone Bridge, the Archeology Museum, the Museum of Macedonian Struggle, and the Holocaust Museum - and Vodno mountain in the background (there is a cable car you can take to the car - and visit the Millennium Cross)

the view from my classroom, looking straight ahead. we are actually on an overpass - and literally right above the highway
using this gadget - students electronically sign in to class using their ID cards - and this is how attendance is factored in to the course grades. I understand that faculty also sign in and out of their classes
I need to find out what that hot pink beetle is doing on the roof
after class I stopped by the Old Bazaar (adjacent to campus) for some kebas
 
a visitor who was eager to sample my kebabs


and Turkish coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment