Saturday, May 6, 2017

Skopje Marathon weekend! Expo/Registration

We first learned of the Skopje Marathon weekend from our friend Tanja back in February.  I had hoped to do the Half, but, those of you who have been following this blog know that I hurt my foot in March - and - it still is swollen and painful.

So, instead of running the Half, I will be walking/jogging the 5K with my daughter.  I am glad we will get to experience the race together. And,  think this is the first time I have participated in an athletic event outside the US, so, we are looking forward to it!

If you check out the course map page here - you can see a video of the course - and it takes you all through Skopje! Even if you are not interested in the race, per se, you can take a video tour of the city on this page:

http://skopskimaraton.com.mk/en/info/course-map/

It looks like quite a dramatic finish - through the Porta Makedonija (arch) and towards the Alexander the Great statue in the City Center.

Video https://youtu.be/YLQ5NYzNMlc

Here is the Skopje Marathon facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/skopskimaraton/

Yesterday, I walked over to the Park Hotel to visit the Expo and pick up our race numbers/packets. We are actually a close walk to the Park Hotel, via the City Park.


enjoying a macchiatto and perusing the race information in the City Park en route to my apartment
Heaven! A macchiatto in the beautiful City Park of Skopje (can you see the mountain) ...it was a gorgeous spring day...sunshine, blue skies
a view of the park - and the cart where I got my delicious macchiatto (center)
 

there is a marathon and half marathon - but - given our circumstances - my daughter and I are going to be doing the recreational 5K
 

No comments:

Post a Comment